The Environmental Working Group is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to protecting human health and the environment. Its mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. Learn more at www.ewg.org.
The Basics: About this Internship
We are seeking a qualified individual to fill a part-time, unpaid internship that will assist in major research and providing support to our Communcations staff. This internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn the ins and outs of media outreach in a non-profit by gaining knowledge about the unique strategy employed by our Communications Department.
You will be doing true on-the-job training with a professional – clerical work will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Assist in major research projects – including a cutting-edge nationwide tap water analysis.
- Draft internal media reports to track the dissemination of EWG’s analyses through mainstream and independent outlets.
- Summarize media coverage and compile reputable quotes citing EWG.
- Manage physical media files.
- Gather website, blog, and media statistics for our monitoring and tracking system.
- Provide support as needed for EWG’s blog efforts.
- Help identify appropriate media.
- Currently enrolled in college with a interest in environmental health issues.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional organization and writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and pace work.
- Passion for agricultural issues is a plus.
- Familiarity with MS office, Google Doc and online media databases.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and writing sample (2-3 pages maximum) to email@example.com. Please write “Communications Intern” in your email subject line.
Washington DC office only