Digital Production Associate
Digital Production Associate
The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a leading environmental health research and advocacy organization, is seeking a Digital Production Associate for either its San Francisco or its Washington, D.C., office.
EWG is a midsize nonprofit with a supersized digital presence: 700,000 active email addresses, 26 million website visits and 750,000 social followers. This digital presence drives one-third of EWG’s revenue, generates all of its grassroots advocacy, and is the primary distribution channel for EWG’s content and research. In short, EWG’s digital presence is at the heart of everything we do.
And what we do is awesome: We fight for the right of all Americans to live in an environment free of toxic chemicals. We do this by educating consumers on what chemicals lurk in their personal environment – including their water, food, personal care products and cleaners – and empower them to fight for better products and policies.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who will work with the Digital Vice President and other managers to help create superior digital communications and assess their performance.
Under the direction of the Digital Marketing Manager, the Digital Production Associate is responsible for helping manage our email list, producing fundraising and advocacy emails, generating regular reporting on all aspects of the digital program (email, social, web and app), and having a role in online advocacy, fundraising, social media and list growth strategy.
- Code and quality assure HTML emails across browsers, platforms and devices for all deployments.
- Manage internal vetting process for email content.
- Coordinate with Digital Marketing Manager to support and maintain the digital calendar, including requests and rescheduling.
- Work with the Project Manager on creating digital assets for major research publications.
- Track, maintain and report out weekly on web, email, social media, advocacy and fundraising program metrics to help the Digital team make data-driven decisions about ongoing strategy.
- Run queries, create reports and share analytics upon request.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions to develop campaign ideas and improve digital efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience in digital marketing.
- Strong grasp of online metrics, statistics and common Excel functions. Experience with data interpretation and analysis. Google Analytics experience preferred.
- HTML knowledge required and at least some CSS preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills. You never drop the ball.
- Working knowledge of UX and email industry best practices.
- Knowledge of digital marketing platform or customer relationship manager (CRM), such as Salsa Labs, EveryAction or Blue State Digital Tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- A working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Strong writing skills.
- Self-sufficient, curious and eager to learn new skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Location: Either Washington D.C. or San Francisco, CA office